Thursday, February 25, 2010

coffee mug inspiration

Today I had the pleasure of spending my lunch hour with my hubby. Our little rendezvous occur a little too rarely (especially since we work a measly 10 minutes from each other). During these lunches we really try to take some time for ourselves, since having a leisurely meal in a restaurant has become completely impossible with a 2 year old.

We decided that we were desperate for some sushi (at a restaurant we had a coupon for, of course), and settled on a little restaurant tucked away in a strip mall on the fancier side of town.

I ordered us a couple killer rolls to scarf down and some piping hot green tea to sip on (we have a tendency to eat like animals and drink like proper englishmen). As the waitress placed the tea kettle and cups on the table, something caught my attention.

Typically when you order green tea at a sushi joint you get a tiny tea cup to carefully nurse your tea with...not at this place. Instead, the waitress set down a full-size handleless coffee mug in front of us (which I was all about so I didn't have to worry of taking one sip before having to refill my cup).

On top of the "tea cup" being gargantuan, it held another attribute that caught my eye. On the side of the cup was a list that outlined "Ten Ways to Good Heath". As I read through them I couldn't help but smile to myself.

One by one, each of the ten steps sited logical, simple and honest tips to lead a healthy life. I was suddenly hit with inspiration! This little "big" cup truly made me stop to think of easy ways I am going to make myself healthier (it is about time I get off my ass and get rid of the remaining baby bulge that has had me hiding my body under layers of black clothing......black is slimming, right?).

So I leave you with an image of my inspiration that i snapped quickly with my phone (it really took every inch of my being not to shove it in my purse before we left). If anything, maybe it will put a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment